Some chemicals used for water maintenance can be corrosive. Avoid contact with skin.
Never enter the water immediately after adding chemicals. Wait at least 2 hours and retest the water before enetring.
Always read the chemical manufacturers directions and warnings before use.
When introducing chemicals to the water ALLWAYS make sure the air blower is turned on.
Click the link below to purchase Crystal Waters
Treating your new spa with the CRYSTAL WATERS POOL AND SPA SOLUTIONS
1. Fill spa, swim spa or hot tub. Leave cover off.
2. Add 50gms of CRYSTAL WATERS SPA CHLORINE REMOVER (premixed in a bucket of water) per 1,000 litres of water.
• Run filter pump and bubbles and add the chlorine remover.
• Leave filter pump running for 2 hours prior to adding any other chemical.
3. Check pH, Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness level.
The ideal level of pH is between 7.2-7.6.
The ideal level of Alkalinity is between 120-150ppm
and the ideal level of Calcium Hardness is between 80-120ppm.
• Use CRYSTAL WATERS pH AND ALKALINITY ENHANCER or CRYSTAL WATERS SPA pH REDUCER to adjust if necessary, to adjust pH and Alkalinity.
• Use CRYSTAL WATERS SPA CALCIUM ENHANCER to increase Calcium if necessary.
4. Leave filter pump running, turn on bubbles and add 50gms of CRYSTAL WATERS SPA BOOST per 1,000 ltrs of water.
Leave filter pump running for 1 hour.
5. With filter pump running, turn on bubbles and add 60ml of CRYSTAL WATERS SPA SANITISER per 1,000 ltrs of water.
Wait 10 minutes
6. with bubbles and filter pump still running, add 60ml of CRYSTAL WATERS SPA CLARIFIER per 1,000 ltrs of water.
Leave filter pump and bubbles running.
7. Once bubble have shut down on their own continue to run the filter pump for a minimum of another 4 hours, or until water is clear.
• More is NOT BETTER - DO NOT OVERDOSE.
• A light brown foam around the waterline may occur, depending on the quality of the water source. This is a normal reaction as the Shock
oxidizes water impurities. Simply wipe off with Spa Pad. For a persistent brown line ADD A FURTHER DOSE OF CRYSTAL WATERS SPA CHLORINE REMOVER.
• CRYSTAL WATERS is NOT compatible with chlorine or bromine based products. DO NOT ADD THESE to spa, swim spa or hot tub.
• Always remove cover when adding chemicals and LEAVE UNCOVERED FOR AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR, to allow spa to ‘breathe’.
• NEVER MIX DIFFERENT CHEMICALS TOGETHER. ALWAYS ADD CHEMICAL TO WATER.
What you will need.
1. Spa Sanitiser - Lithium Hypochlorite is recommended for ease of use. It is a sanitiser in lower doses and an oxidising agent (burns out body oils for clear water) in high doses
2. Alkalinity Increaser
3. pH Reducer
4. Test strips to test your spa water for Chlorine (Lithium), Alkalinity and pH levels on a regular basis (once per week)
It is recommended that the alkalinity levels of your spa water be between 80ppm and 120ppm
PH levels should be maintained between 7.2ppm and 7.8ppm.
It is recommended that Chlorine (Lithium) levels should be between 3 – 5 ppm.
Always test the water with test strips before adding chemicals.
Using Alkalinity Increaser:
(a) If alkalinity is low add 10 grams to raise the alkalinity 10ppm.
(b) If alkalinity is too high add 10 grams of PH Decreaser to lower alkalinity by 10ppm
Using pH Reducer:
(a) If the PH is too high (the water will look cloudy) Add 10 grams of PH Reducer to lower the pH by 1ppm.
(b) If pH is too low add 10grams of pH/Alkalinity Increaser to raise pH by 1ppm.
Using Lithium Hypochlorite
Lithium Hypochlorite is useful both as a sanitiser in small doses and as an oxidiser in larger quantities.
Lithium Hypochlorite as a sanitiser:
As a general guide allways add lithium to the water after use.
With the cover off:
(a) Turn on the spa bubbles.
(b) Add 1 dessert spoon per person of Lithium Hypochlorite to the water and let the bubbles run until they turn off automatically.
(c) Do not put the cover on until the bubbles have turned off.
Lithium Hypochlorite as an oxidiser:
Add a shock dose of lithium to the water once per week or when the water is cloudy to remove body oils from the water to maintain clarity.
NOTE: If the water is cloudy check pH level first.
(a) Remove cover and inflatable bladder.
(b) Turn on bubbles.
(c) Add 3 desert spoons of Lithium Hypochlorite to the water and allow the bubbles to run until they shut off automatically.
(d) Leave the cover off the spa for a further 20 minutes.
(e) Replace Spa Cover
Filters should be cleaned at least once per week. (this will change depending on spa use)
Remove and spray with water from hose between the fins of the filter at a 45 degree angle to remove debris trapped in the filter core.
Every two weeks soak filters in a bucket of water with a small amount oxygen bleach to help remove build up of oils in the filter. Rinse the filter thoroughly with fresh water before putting back into the spa.